Prickly pear oil is a vegetable oil
Prickly pear seed oil, also called cactus seed oil, is very valuable oil that is extracted from prickly pear seeds. It is rich in vitamin E, linoleic acid, omega 6 and more. Its tocopherol content is the highest among all the oils. Therefore, prickly pear seed oil also has the properties of strong antioxidant and free radical scavenging. The yield of prickly pear seed oil is very low, generally, 1/2 ton of the fruit of prickly pear may produce one liter of oil. Prickly pear seed oil can be absorbed by the skin easily and completely, as a result to maintain the moisture of skin. It has been approved that prickly pear seed oil has great impact in the skin care.
Prickly pear oil is known for its cosmetic properties. Indeed, it is full of vitamin E and omega-6, beneficial components to maintain the suppleness and tone of the skin. The oil is also considered an effective anti-aging product, which can be applied to wrinkles or the contours of the eyes with a high antioxidant power. Prickly pear oil also nourishes and conditions hair, protects nails and makes them less brittle
How to Make Prickly Pear Seed Oil?
- Step 1: Pick up the prickly pear fruits
- Step 2: Peel off the flesh from prickly pear fruits and get prickly pear seeds.
- Step 3: Select the prickly pear seeds, then sort and dry it for next step
- Step 4: Extract oil from prickly pear seeds by oil press machine. Approx. 450 kg Pulp are required for the production of 1 liter prickly pear seed oil.
- Step 5: Filter and purify the oil, and then fill and bottle the prickly pear seeds oil
Actually, prickly pear seed oil is the most expensive beauty oil due to the low yield, high labor cost and production cost. But, the demand of prickly pear seed oil or the products that contains prickly pear seed oil is increasing quickly and largely.
Additionally, more and more cosmetic companies has turn the attention on its amazing properties. Prickly pear seed is produced in the south of Morocco. Due to low yield, high cost and high technology requirement, prickly pear seed oil is rarely produced in other cities of Morocco except Agadir (Agadir). At present, prickly pear seed oil is a new kind of all-effect base oil favored by European and American people and non-chinese people after Morocco nut oil.
- Regenerates the skin by restarting vital functions of cells to prevent early skin aging due to external stresses such as sun, weather, stress, smoking.
- Reduces blemishes and slows down the appearance of wrinkles.
- Neutralizing free radicals.
- Helps protect skin elasticity. Moisturises dry skin.
- Reduces visible scars left by acne or chicken pox. Can reduces acne and skin inflammation .
- Restores the shine of dull, lifeless hair.
- Promotes scalp care to advance hair growth & prevent split ends.
- Elevate skin condition like psoriasis and eczema.
Country of origin: Morroco
Extraction method: cold pressed
Part used: Seeds
Color: Yellow-green viscous liquid
posted by admin